What began as a pretty somber morning (with matching post) has turned into a pretty great day full of stupendous things to make any lady happy.
1. Gluten free me is feeling fab. Sugar; a thing from my long distant past. I cannot believe I’m not struggling!
2. A full hour on my Manduka before picking the kids up from school gave me the opportunity to do some seriously deep backbends, which opened up the heart, which zip zipped me along. There was even time for a few inversions (there’s never enough time for inversions, it seems). Get this girl upside down and things start to happen…
3. The handsome and talented Zach McGowan, Jody from the Showtime show Shameless, responded to a tweet I’d sent asking for permission to use his image on the blog. He said, “yes.” He didn’t have to say anything. I practically did a cart-wheel I was so excited that he’d read the post and liked it. Small satisfaction for the “work” that I do.
4. Anna Paquin, otherwise known as Sookie our favorite fairy, has had twins. No word on the flavor of the babies as no names have been released. It probably seems silly to consider the birth of babies to a person I do not know a highlight of my day, but as a mom of twins I know what an unbelievable day that is. Twin pregnancies are hard. Twin babies often have more problems in utero. I’ve been there and I know the relief of finally having them born. Congratulations to her and her vampire husband Bill (Steven Moyer).
5. It goes without saying that the weather outside is just perfect (sunny, mild, lovely). Everyone is talking about it, shocked that it finally turned so after the brutal never-endingness of our Southern Summer. What was more perfect than the weather was watching the children on the playground for almost two hours under our favorite tree. Talking to the moms for that long was like the frosting on the cake that I won’t be eating anytime soon and haven’t an urge to eat anyway.
How has your Tuesday shaped up?
The hub for all I do, marthawills.com documents life from a working mom's point of view. When not mothering, I manage the social media needs of small businesses through Wills Media Group, LLC, and write a weekly column for Raleigh's News & Observer online entitled, Are We There Yet? Most recently, my passion for health and wellness led me to become involved as a consultant for Beautycounter, a company that's making a difference by educating about toxins in products, spreading the word via the web.
Top Posts & Pages
Recent MediaMy Latest photosSigerson Morrison. Gorgeous, but made me walk like a camel. #fashion #smashionmerrillmartha21Just a couple of divorced girls! I 💝 @laurenshamblinmerrillmartha60They've circled everything in the catalog, and initialed just to sure I get it straight. #americangirldoll #crazy #kidsmerrillmartha81Hangin' out in the girls' bathroom before school. #kids #lovemerrillmartha71Mom: So pretty! Me: Pretty toxic! #health #wellness #beautymerrillmartha00Gracie Girl riding Sport. #birthday @deadbrokehorsefarmmerrillmartha50