And The Video

March 21, 2012 § 20 Comments

I still haven’t decided if I should kiss or clobber my husband for hiding behind me and Flip video taping the last minutes of the marathon.

I’ve been conflicted about posting it.

I wished I had made better time. I wished I looked faster, lighter, leaner, meaner.

I decided to post it, however, because despite all of those feelings I really am proud of myself.

It was such a happy day and I’m glad that my grandkids will be able to see that I really did run a marathon once upon a time.

Maybe when I’m old and grey I won’t care about my time or that I wasn’t faster, lighter, leaner and meaner.

Maybe one day I’ll see it for what it was.

A really fun ending to a lot of hard work!

Tagged: , ,

§ 20 Responses to And The Video

• Lori says:

OMG I love it, love it, love it! I’m glad you posted. You will be thrilled to have it. You look great. You look strong! And damn that man in the red shirt for passing you at the last minute. HAHA! Good job!!!

It’s hilarious isn’t it! I’m glad I posted it too! And that guy in the red shirt…I was cussing him out when I saw the video because he was a stinking onlooker in flip flops faster than me! Ha!

• Did you ever know that you’re my hero? You go! You did GO! So awesome!!!! Great job.

• K.Smitty says:

Aaaaah! That video was awesome!! I couldn’t stop smiling!! Congrats again!

• YAY! I loved the red-shirt speed racer too! Funny! Your daughters are so cute and they looked so amazed with you at the end! Great job!

• Teresa says:

Love it!! So glad you posted it!!!! Your girls are so cute!

• Gabrielle Leblanc says:

OMG SISTER! I am so proud and look at my beautiful neices and our Beautiful Peachie! AND I might add…I may just kiss my brother in law too! I felt inspired and look what the girls got to see mommy do! What an amazing example of a Fierce….HOT…MOMMA! Gooooooo 40’s!

Love you!

• kim says:

Excellent! I love that they call out your name! The girls are so big! You look amazing!!!

• Danielle Williams says:

Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment. Who cares about all the logistics. You finished smiling and that’s all that matters. Your babies are adorable and mom looks great. Lots of love your way!!!

• SO AWESOME!! So glad that you posted it. You look great – not even fazed. And your girls!! Too cute. I totally would have clobbered my husband. Congratulations!!

• stacey scibelli says:

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!!!! I just cried with joy and pride watching it! I know how hard you worked and I am so happy I could watch you cross that finish line. You inspire me…maybe I’ll forgo the margarita cart this summer and run WITH you!

• Roberts says:

Great work. Congratulations!

• I checked to be sure, I’ve heard .1% to .2% of the population run a marathon. And YOU DID IT! Walk proud! (when you can walk right, again) ๐Ÿ˜‰

“There were 382,000 marathon finishes in 2005. Guesstimating the U.S. population at 295 million in that year, it works out to about .13% (and you have to take into account that many of the people who finished were not first-time marathoners). These numbers are incredibly rough, but at the very least they donโ€™t completely dispel the 0.1% statistic most often quoted by anyone who has ever run a marathon”

• Anna says:

That’s brilliant! How wonderful to have video of that last stretch. You looked awesome and your girls are adorable!

• That was a great video – congratulations!

ps. even if you felt slightly embarrassed, your husband is wonderful for taking that video ๐Ÿ™‚

• Melissa says:

Hello! I just found your blog and I’ve enjoyed reading about your marathon. Congratulations, well done you! I’m a runner, about to run my second half in June and hopefully in October I’ll run a marathon. I found the race but I’ve yet to enter my credit card #, so scary. You’ve inspired me so tonight I’m going to register, gulp. Thank you, I think ๐Ÿ™‚
    xM

I felt the same way when I put my credit card in to sign up. I must have closed the browser ten times before I clicked to make the purchase. Right afterward I let my facebook friends know, which meant I HAD to do it! You can do it! If I can….you can for sure!